Tens of thousands of buyers are expected to join the three-day fair, covering an exhibition space of nearly 160,000 sqm. Maintaining its strong position in the industry, the fair will remain a vital platform for business exchange, development and innovation as the main trading platform for the global industry’s spring / summer season. The Intertextile mobile app and Connect PLUS, Intertextile’s online business matching platform, will be accessible to all registered buyers, providing particular benefits such as instant messaging and video call functions for those restricted by travel limitations.
In keeping with its international reputation, four popular country & region pavilions and zones from Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan will return, along with the Korea Textile Centre Group Pavilion, to feature their top products. The Hybrid Showcase area will return accommodating exhibitors unable to travel to the fair. These exhibitors will have the chance to display their products onsite, for buyers to touch and feel and can utilise the online services available to facilitate digital business meetings.
Innovative and quality international exhibitors will form dedicated comprehensive product zones: Accessories Vision, All About Sustainability, Beyond Denim, Functional Lab, Premium Wool Zone, SalonEurope and Verve for Design. And Chinese exhibitors will be grouped by product end-use throughout the halls.
Unrivalled insights at the fringe programme
Alongside the array of products on offer, fairgoers can join the concurrent fringe programme to keep up-to-date with emerging trends and the latest market developments. Key leaders in the field will be offering their expertise and knowledgeable insights to the audience. Some highlighted events to look out for include:
- The Fabric to Fashion Buyer Forum will explore localised approaches and successful cases that boost the ‘dual circulation of textiles’ – domestic sales and foreign trade.
- The Future Materials Summit will provide insight into the future direction in sustainable materials; more forum sessions will discuss how textile manufacturers can move from a linear production system to a more sustainable circular model.
- The German Chinese Innovators Space is a project that aims to support new business partnerships between Berlin and China in the green tech, UX and design industries; a market insight keynote and a networking session will feature as part of the fair’s fringe programme.
- The Innovation Forum for Textile Industrial Design will look into the cultural innovation and development trends of industrial design in the textile and apparel industry in China and around the world.
- A keynote on The Impact of RCEP on China’s Textile & Apparel Industry will discuss the challenges, opportunities and cooperation prospects brought about by the recently signed Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement.
Register to view the full event programme here: www.intertextileapparel.com/seminar
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Spring Edition 2021 will be held concurrently with the Spring Edition of Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles, Yarn Expo Spring, CHIC and PH Value from 17 – 19 March at the National Exhibition and Convention Center. The fair is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre.
Notes to editors:
Follow Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics on social media
Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textiles fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Messe Frankfurt Group employs around 2,500* people in a total of 30 subsidiaries. The company generated annual sales of approximately €250* million in 2020 after having recorded sales of €738 million the previous year. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent). For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
* preliminary figures 2020
Download press materials
- ITSAS21-PR5-en (pdf, 428 KB)